"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Sunday, December 5, 2010

traditions...

Although there's a few scenes and a little language I'd prefer to edit out, 
National Lampoon's Christmas vacation is among my all time favorite Christmas movies!
Tonight, the kids and I ordered a pizza, put on our warm jammies and cozied up on the couch to watch it...again.
{$2.99 on On Demand, folks}

This is one of my favorite scenes...

before the season is over, we'll have watched
The Nativity Story
Elf
A Christmas Story
It's a Wonderful Life
The Grinch
The Santa Clause movies
Charlie Brown
Rudolph
A Christmas Carol
Polar Express
Frosty

It's tradition...you HAVE to do it!

It's also tradition that we take a "personal day", just the four of us.  We shop, we eat, we laugh, and we buy our annual Christmas ornament.  The ornament always has to represent something big that happened in our family throughout the year.  I was thinking about a house this year, since we made a big move...but now I'm leaning more towards finding a raccoon..or maybe a family of them.  Totally tacky, but it does represent something big!   {Btw, the count is still at 2 for 4...the remaining two SEEM to have disappeared...but the verdict is still out}


I'm not sure I'll ever get used to continuing on with the traditions even though we're not all here.  It's just not the same with Alex at school while we carry on.  I'm counting the days until we're all under the same roof again!  

I ♥ MY FAMILY

"The universal joy of Christmas is certainly wonderful. We ring the bells when princes are born, or toll a mournful dirge when great men pass away. Nations have their red-letter days, their carnivals and festivals, but once in the year and only once, the whole world stands still to celebrate the advent of a life. Only Jesus of Nazareth claims this world-wide, undying remembrance. You cannot cut Christmas out of the Calendar, nor out of the heart of the world." 
Anonymous

2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I say go for the raccoon!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Ha!! I love the video clip...(although, I'm with you on the few language parts) and we watch it EVERY year!!! It is SO funny!!!!

Thanks for stopping by my place...and I'll be back...to visit you real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com