"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bloggers unite...


A few days ago I had the privilege of coffee-ing with two of my blogging friends, Jeane and Janelle.  

We gathered at Jeane's lovely home...and consumed enormous amounts of coffee.  It was such fun to be in Jeane's home and see three of her beautiful children.  Her household is busy with little people coming and going and I loved watching the way she takes it all in stride.  

Jeane's twin boys...

How cute are those smiles???!!!  
I couldn't tell them apart if I was paid, but they were so much fun to watch!

This is Janelle's youngest..

She is the princess of their house...
reminds me so much of raising Emma after two busy boys.

Our time together was really precious.  I have forgotten how busy a houseful of toddlers and preschoolers can be...forgotten how impressionable they are...how much they watch every little thing you do.  I've also forgotten how hard it is to sit down and enjoy "mommy" things without being interrupt by little needs.  I can't remember when I stopped observing these things.  I can't remember the last time one of my kids sat on my lap...for the very last time.  It just happened, and I forgot to take note.  

It was good for me to spend time with younger moms...I needed a reminder of how far we've come, and yet how much we've changed.  It's a strange thing when someone who identifies themselves as "mom" suddenly realizes her identity is being redefined.  When you're in the midst of wiping snotty noses and bare bottoms you   have no way of understanding how quickly these years pass.  But they always do.

It makes me feel pretty old...
but such is the cycle of life, I guess.

I left with lovely parting gifts...

{I won a giveaway on Janelle's blog a few weeks ago}

{Janelle...the blanket is the PERFECT shade for the sunroom AND everyone fights over it..
Emma snuck it up to her room and slept under it last night}

and THE BEST baked oatmeal EVER from Jeane...
{I'm not kidding, Jeane...THE BEST!}
  
I could have stayed all afternoon, chatting, but I had an appointment with a wood-deliverer....
who came early...
and dumped the WHOLE pile of wood on the
OPPOSITE side of the yard that it needs to be on.
Sigh..
Guess who has to convince her kids that it's worth transporting the pile across the yard NOW 
so that we're not walking through the snow to get frozen wood for the fire later???
We're in for many hours of happy togetherness this week, I predict.

2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sweet post....It goes so fast. I am glad I still have young ones in my home, and my granddaughter too!

I must say though that I really enjoy the older kids too, I like that they are my friends, and our relationship is one of guiding and encouraging....all sweet, tough at times but sweet!

Jeane` said...

Thank you so much, Terri, for being real, open and understanding. You truly are a gem. And by the way, I was SO sad I did not get any pictures of our get-together. So sad. Instead, I took a picture of your candle and sent it out to friends, exclaiming over the beauty, creativity and low cost of such a gift. The candle is amazing in it's scented glory...and the ribbon/snowflake/initial when in our minivan and adds a festive touch to our rearview mirror~ Who knew...two gorgeous, lasting gifts in one!
THANK YOU!!!!! (for making yourself available and so easy to be with).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com