"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

cheeseburger picnic...

Doing a little gift-making over here this week.  
Can't show it all, cause there are sneaky eyes that peek on here.

Emma and I spent a quiet evening here tonight.  Nick disappeared for a little bit to join his friends at "Wing Night"...which afforded us a little cheeseburger picnic by the fire. 


It was one of those rare moments in the life of a mother and her 14 year old daughter.
 I didn't embarrass her or say something dumb.  
She didn't roll her eyes at me when I walked in the room with the tray. 
And there was no complaining that this was her least favorite meal.  
It was rare, I tell you...
Rare, but thoroughly savored.

I remember being 14.  
I was just as unpredictable, I surmise.

I grew out of thinking every move my mom made would thoroughly humiliate me.
There is hope.
This too shall pass....


Dear daughter, 
There are days we all think no one understands or appreciates us. 
 It's not true.
You will never wake up on any given day to find you are
 all alone 
unappreciated
misunderstood
or
unloved.

May the God of all creation fill you up to the brim with HIS unmistakable LOVE...
May HE fill in all the cracks that you sometimes feel are left open...
You are LOVED beyond measure, 
treasured beyond belief.

Just in case you ever wondered...

 "For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
   your faithfulness reaches to the skies."
Psalm 57:10

What the daughter does, the mother did.  ~Jewish Proverb

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.  
~Author Unknown


1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Lovely!

I am missing my big girls as they are working alot at Sight and Sound....

Precious Emma - you are God's gift...He planned you, designed you. Don't try to be anyone other that who HE made you to be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com