"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sunday...

The best thing about Sunday was being home. 
 All afternoon.  After church in the morning I built a fire in the fireplace,
 we put on our warm sweaters and chilled...
right here...
...all afternoon...
I'm not kidding!  It was a really lazy day.  
Lazy, and perfect.

The second best thing about Sunday was stopping at Weis Market on the way home
 from church and finding these...
They are RED VELVET COOKIES...
can you stand it?!?  

I'm pretty sure I can move a few ingredients around in my favorite go-to book and recreate them a lot cheaper.  They might even become a Christmas gift to someone on my list.
They're THAT GOOD.
Unfortunately because I spent the afternoon reading in front of the fireplace I did none of this...
 and it was all waiting for me today.  
I really hope that in heaven there will be no dirty laundry...
eternity is A LOT of loads of laundry-
and a LOT of bottles of Tide.

I did a quick run into Goodwill today...just making sure I don't miss out on something thrifty-good.
I stumbled across this sweetie for $4.97...
You like?
It's a heavy iron coat hanger w/a beveled mirror.
I've seen similar racks like this in catalogs for a LOT more than $5.  
It's unique...reminds me of something that might have hung in an old hotel.
It might not really be old at all, but that doesn't matter to me...
It's perfect...

I have just the place for it in my front hallway.
Only problem is that there are no studs in the place I need them to be in.  
{story of my life...}
Not exactly sure how and when I will figure out how to secure it into drywall...it's pretty heavy.
I think it calls for a mother's touch.
{mom, that's you...HELP!}

 Btw...The third best thing about Sunday was that we woke without being disturbed by racoons for the second day in a row.  We decided that the remaining two animals were spooked away by the cage in the attic and had found a new place to live.  FINALLY!  Emma slept in my room for 5 straight nights to get away from the sound of them chewing the inside of her closet walls.  

The worst thing about today...
They're BACK.
Apparently they like our house...
like to wake us up at midnight when they leave...
and then again at 5:30 when they return.

You really can't make stories like this up...
I'm trying to laugh-
the alternative will get me nowhere.

3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a fantastic day!

I really like your iron coat hanger - so cool!

Sorry about the raccoons...it's craziness, I tell you!

lindsey said...

Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon and yes those cookies look great too...my daughter made me a red velvet birthday cake with white icing a few years back...we dont really have that cake here in the UK. It was delicious!
what a good find in the thrift shop too...we call our charity shops and we do a LOT of shopping in them :)

The lady of the house... said...

i have a stud you could *borrow*, i bet he could figure something out, it's not like he's busy or anything!! ;)

today was wonderful!!

i like you alot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com