"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Why not?

I promised myself last August that I was done with it forever.  
That I would no longer be a host to such madness
and only visit other people's madness.

I'm here to say I am eating my words.
THIS is happening tomorrow...
The only twist this year is that it will NOT be at my house.  

My friend Janelle at Three Men and Their Ladies is having a HUGE yard sale with over 15 women. 
She's done it before and she literally STOPS TRAFFIC in the small town of Strasburg.  
When she asked if I wanted to join her, my immediate response was "NO!",
but a few weeks later I changed my mind because;
  1.  I looked in my garage and realized that our two economy sized cars barely have room to breathe in there, due to boxes of merchandise left over from Lulu & Tutz.
  2.  My kids and I are doing an in-country missions trip this summer and the down payment is due now.
  3. If I do it now, I won't EVER have to do it again...right?
I've adjusted my attitude from dread to resignation.
And, next week, when the shelves in my garage are completely organized
and our first down payment on the trip is paid
I might even say I am glad I did it.






The weather is supposed to cooperate for us, 
so come check us out here:

128 Lancaster Avenue
Strasburg
Friday 4-7pm
Saturday 7-2pm

You may even find something for your Mother...

Who, by the way, deserves a little extra attention this weekend because if she's anything like mine,
She's bailed you out a time or two.

Happy Mother's Day, mom!


3 comments:

Becky K. said...

Very tempting!
I just might pop in.

amy said...

Looked like your stand was the hot spot! I went there first because I was told to go fast before everything was gone. Hope the weekend is a HUGE success!

Thanks so much for the amazing quilt bargain!

Heather Buckwalter said...

Hey Terri,
I am so glad you did the yard sale! I left so encouraged after talking with you. I felt the Lord was using you to really encourage me about homeschool. I shared with Mark and started crying as I related what you had spoken. I feel you have a lot to share with us younger moms!
Mark and I were talking too and would love to get together with you and have you and whatever kids are at home over for dinner soemtime. Would you have any evening in May available? It was something on both of our minds and would love if it worked out! :)
Blessing today!
love,
Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com