"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 3 of Project "Stuck-in-my-House"....

Day 2 of Emma's flu, Day 3 of being home all day.  If I had known the flu would hit, I might not have chosen to stay home on Monday...although it was a very beneficial day here.  Emma's feeling much perkier this morning...even ate a PopTart!  But, not quite up to a whole day of sitting in school...so, one more day here. (Dear Lord, PLEASE don't let Nick come down with it tomorrow!!!!!) 
She may, in fact, be up to a little car ride later to pick up homework from school...here's hoping!

By this time, I'm going a little stir crazy.  Not that there's not PLENTY of things to do around here, but it's that psychological thing....the fact that I have no choice but to be home again today that makes me think I'm going to go crazy by the end of it. 
But, I won't...

Truth be told, I'm so thankful that I have the privilege of being home and available to the kids for this period of time.  I make it sound like it's an inconvenience to be here...but it's really not.  I love home.  I love home when my kids are in it.  And, I love home when my kids are not in it.  My ideal life would be to have a flexible enough schedule to be in and out of HOME as I want, and still have a paying job.  Sounds a little idealistic, I know...but it can happen, right??? 
{I'm voting for a job that involves sitting on my computer at the local coffee shop}

Speaking of coffee....you know I'm bored when it's 9:00am and I'm taking pictures of my morning cup of joe.  But, there's a reason for this one...I found a new coffee this week.  It jumped into my cart at Darrenkamps, and, I'm really enjoying it...maybe because it's roasted by a local company...maybe because it's nice and strong - just the way I like it.
You can find it here
Here's what their website had to say about the Lancaster County Coffee Roasters:
"Based in downtown Lancaster, Lancaster County Coffee Roasters is a coffee boutique offering up freshly roasted hand crafted small batch coffee on a daily basis"

COFFEE BOUTIQUE!??!! 
I'm so there when I get out of here.

Speaking of getting out of here....
Looks like I have something to do today, after all...or I'll be going NOwhere. 
(GULP...I don't like to be told "I'm going nowhere" - in any sense of the phrase.)

"And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do.
Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do!"
Psalm 90:17

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your post made me laugh! Aren't we funny when we feel like our choices are taken from us!

I am so not a coffee drinker - my brew is tea - but my man loves his coffee. He drinks it with sweetened condensed milk - picked that up from the Senegalese who use it in there tea. He grew up there as an MK.

Well now that you have my novel comment I shall close and say "here's to you getting out of the house tomorrow!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com