"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This is what happens....


when you vacation with someone who has a great camera and loves to take pictures, you don't bother using your pocket-sized "camera for dummies" because in the end you get to copy and paste pictures like this into your own photo album.  {and if you don't think too hard about it, you could convince yourself that you actually took the pictures, because after all, you were right there....}

a family stroll on the boardwalk
mom

dad

Lilly and Emma
{youngest in each family...}

Nick and I
{wait...I must say this, if I were the one actually taking the pictures, I would NEVER have taken ghastly pictures of the rest of the family and posted them all over Facebook..I'm SURE of it.}

the feet of my family...
in a rare together moment...
even though one refused to cooperate...


"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like."

Saint Augustine

Cousins enjoying each other's company

Pierrot the traveling cat

a perfect sunrise...


"No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"

Elbert Hubbard

{the photographer}

We've begun a new day with some quiet time on the large porch,
a bike ride to the best donuts in the country...

{picture taken on my camera phone...don't want to offend the real photographer!}

As I look around me right now, there's a "craft table", a video game tourney, some computer addicts {not me!} and a few who are just staring into blissful space.

We've acclimated to beach life...
and have decided we're not coming home.
Ever.



4 comments:

Christine said...

I love Elbert Hubbard! He is always good for a great quote:)
Glad you are enjoying the beach!

amy said...

Looks like a slice of heaven!!!

Enjoy eachother!!

I have a quote from St. Augustine on my blog too, funny...

amy said...

duh, no it's St. Ignatious. Baby brain, good night...

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Nick has gotten sooo tall!

Such a beautiful trip...memories like these are treasures in a family. Store them up for winter!

Btw I remember when Lilly was to be "Lillian" and never shortened! :) That is such a darling photo of the girls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com