"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Overwhelming thoughts...

My day has started out on the back porch again this morning...birds are singing all around me, and if I close my eyes {and don't look to the left where a jungle has grown up in the backyard} I can almost feel as if I'm on vacation....I'm still waiting for someone to show up to make my bed and clean the bathrooms.  As I've sat here and reflected over some things that are going on in other's lives around me, the trivial things I have to post here pale in comparison. 

 There is a sense of heaviness this morning over several different situations that those I love are facing.  Teens walking a dangerous way, parents bearing the burden, a death of a young mom in the community, the reaction my sweet niece will have when she returns from camp to find her little friend's mom is gone, young adults who are buying the world's lies, marriages failing, joblessness, loneliness...so many uncertainties....
so much to care about...so many things that are WAY more important than my unpacking and settling in. 

So, even though I sat down to post some pictures of my two favorite things from yesterday...I'll wait and post them another time. I know that my life cannot stop because other's lives are in a state of emergency...I know- but my life can pause for a bit to see outside of itself to a world that is in a constant state of change and uncertainty. 

There's not a thing I can do to change any of the above scenerios...but what I can do is remind myself that not one of these things overwhelm the God I love.  He didn't turn His back, didn't step out for a moment and got sidetracked.  He didn't remove His hand for a second...He is still here.  Still cares that we feel out of control...still wants to be the one thing in our life that causes this world to make sense. 
 He holds when all is breaking...

The song that is playing in the background has played through my head all morning...and it's the consuming thought that makes life bearable on unbearable days.  He's forever Holy...and so we can be content in this day.

 Forever Holy
{by Glorious Unseen}

God, You stand when all has fallen
You embrace the long forgotten
I guess it's just hard to believe
The Grace You've poured out on me
I guess I'm just starting to see
How You're working in me

This is what makes my head spin
You're forever Holy
God of all creation
Pour Your life into me
This is so overwhelming
You're forever Holy
God of my Salvation
Clothe me in Your Glory, yeah

God, You hold when all is breaking
You restore the tired and aching
I guess it's just hard to believe
The Love You've poured out on me
I guess I'm just starting to see
How You're working in me, whoa Lord

This is what makes my head spin
You're forever Holy
God of all creation
Pour Your life into me
This is so overwhelming
You're forever Holy
God of my Salvation
Clothe me in Your Glory

Clothe me in Your Glory
Clothe me in Your Glory

This is what makes my head spin
You're forever Holy
God of all creation
Pour Your life into me
This is so overwhelming
You're forever Holy
God of my Salvation
Clothe me in Your Glory
Clothe me in your Glory

2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

These are the things that burden me, too...sigh...

I am thankful for the Lord for His burden which is easy, and His yoke light.

Thank you for sharing your heart!

Just a little something from Judy said...

This my dear friend, is one of the best posts that I have read in a long time. I understood every word you wrote. I understood the heaviness...and not sharing what now looks so trivial in light of what others are going through. Mostly, I love what you shared about your Amazing God. It is only when He redirects my focus...that peace in my heart comes despite all the hurts and heartaches around me. The song blessed my tired heart tonight. Please keep blogging my friend. I don't get to visit as often as I would like, but nights like tonight...I thank God for you and the gifts He has bestowed on you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com