"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

...from where I sit...

I woke up today with nothing on my To-do list that can't be done tomorrow...or the next day. And, if I'm not careful, I'll begin to think that my life has no real purpose for today. I'm in the silence of the waiting room...and if I don't keep on top of things, it can be a pretty lonely place to be. If I don't keep my nose in the WORD and my head at HIS FEET, my mind wanders to a place like this...



This is where I seem to be sitting today. In a dark room, with a small beam of light shining only on today...tomorrow is clouded from my view because the light shines only on what I need to know for today. Many questions go unanswered...again.
But this promise is mine:


"I love those who love me...and those who seek me find me." Proverbs 8:17
I'll find Him today...maybe not the big picture, but just the little one for today.


I'm sitting here too...in a comfy bright chair...waiting...just waiting. But apparently the word for the day is:

"STOP, I'm not ready yet...I'll let you know what you need to know WHEN you need to know. But not today. Just sit still and enjoy the comfy chair for now."


Insert whine here: "UGH!...when?"




"Maybe tomorrow...just open your eyes!"


"Stop moping about feeling in over your head...like you feel like you're being punished or put on a time-out..."

"Your time IS coming...and you won't even need to wear rose-colored glasses

to see how good it is.

Just wait..."

1 comment:

Just a little something from Judy said...

This evening God brought you to my mind. I did not realize that I would find you sitting on a chair...lots of chairs...like in a big waiting room. I am waiting with you. I am praying with you, and I just thought you might want to know. I read a quote today by Lee Roberson. "Abraham did not know the way; but he knew the guide." I want to remember that which I so easily forget.

I will continue to ask for real, clear direction for you...the very gifted friend that you are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com