"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursdays...

Thursdays are my late days at work.  And while it's not really late in comparison to other people's schedules...knowing that my girlie is home from school waiting for me- anytime after 3pm is late.  My mom so generously has given her Thursday afternoon/evenings up to spend time with Emma.  Not because she needs a babysitter, but because they just have fun hanging out together.  

Emma's happy because she has someone else to reminisce over her day with...
someone else to sing like crazy to...
and someone else to slather love on her.

It's a win win for me because I can finish up at work and not worry about the fact that my last client has taken longer than expected and is making me late for my nightly date with my daughter.
{I have one client who literally tries to block the door when I tell her I need to go home to my daughter.  No kidding...I love the poor thing, but I'd beat her down to get out the door at the end of the night!}

I have the added bonus of sitting around my parent's table for dinner on Thursday nights.  As if hanging out with Emma wasn't enough, she and mom make dinner and have it served up on the table when I walk in the door.  I can't explain why this blesses me so much.  But, after a long, sometimes emotionally draining day....being served just feels good.  

So, a little hearty THANK YOU goes out to my mom....

For being available to my girl
and for blessing the heart of her girl.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com