"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Streams in the desert...

Years ago my mom gifted me with a book called "Streams in the Desert" by Mrs. Charles E Cowman.  She gave it to me at a time when I craved encouragement and peace...and I devoured the book every morning for several years.  It's a devotional book, put together with scripture and great quotes that Mrs. Cowman gathered in the early 1920s.  There's something about the old English it's written in that I just enjoy (which would TOTALLY shock Mr. Ide and Mr. Little, my high school English teachers...I don't necessarily care for it as a habit, but in this book, yes!) so occasionally I get it out and start it over again.  And, usually it speaks right to whatever it is I am currently dealing with.
Here's what I read this morning:

"He commonly brings His help in our greatest extremity, that His finger may plainly appear in our deliverance.  And this method He chooses that we may not trust upon anything that we see or feel, as we are always apt to do, but only upon His bare Word, which we
 may depend upon in every state." 
C.H. Von Bogatzky

"Remember it is the very time for faith to work when sight ceases.  The greater the difficulties,
the easier for faith; as long as there remain certain natural prospects, faith does not
get on even as easily as where natural prospects fail."
George Mueller


"It is the very time for faith to work when sight ceases"




Although I eagerly await some clear answers, I rest here knowing that the way will not be hidden forever...

2 comments:

vivien said...

terri,

someone shared this verse with me recently.... it was very timely for something i am involved in. it also applies to you, so i wanted to share.

habakkuk 2:3

"for the revelation awaits an appointed time, it speaks of the end and will not prove false. though it linger, wait for it: it will certainly come and not delay."

Terri said...

LOVE that, Vivian...thank you, my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com