"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Holding me steady...

I re-read Psalm 63...searching for the phrase that holds me
the words that push me to be what I'm not
Steady
And the thing is, before I can be steady-
there are those other words...
"I hold on to You for dear life"

And even when I think I am holding on for dear life,
obviously, I'm not...
because some days I feel anything but steady.

Some days when I lean too heavy into the unknowns of the future
when I feel a burden to say too much to someone who doesn't want to hear
when I carry deep a feeling that all is not right with those I love....
on those days
days like today...
I need a reminder to let go of what I'm carrying in my hands
and hold on to You for dear life...

And sometimes I have to repeat the words
even when I don't feel the words
Because I want to live the words 
and sometimes living just takes mental practice...

And so I repeat...
"God—you’re my God!
    I can’t get enough of you!
I've worked up such hunger and thirst for God,
    traveling across dry and weary deserts.

So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open,
    drinking in your strength and glory.
In your generous love I am really living at last!
    My lips brim praises like fountains.
I bless you every time I take a breath;
    My arms wave like banners of praise to you.

I eat my fill of prime rib and gravy;
    I smack my lips. It’s time to shout praises!
If I’m sleepless at midnight,
    I spend the hours in grateful reflection.
Because you've always stood up for me,
    I’m free to run and play.
I hold on to you for dear life,
    and you hold me steady as a post...'
Psalm 63


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com