"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Friday, July 31, 2009

Officially packed...ready to roll.

I've been packing all day it seems, for a week in Ocean City with my WHOLE family. All 13 of us are packing into a 3rd floor condo for the next 7 days. My sister and I grew up faithfully vacationing in a different spot every summer. I remember my dad pouring over AAA books for just the right place...and then just the right activities when we get there. We have great memories of some fun vacations, and dad continues to see that this tradition continues on with the 9 grandchildren, too. (Not the easiest thing to find something that the 21 yr old and the 7 yr old will BOTH enjoy...but the beach is ageless, so I think we'll do ok!)
My problem is trying to get this...


and this...


to fit into this...



The plan was to have it all packed in the car before the caravan arrives at my house in the morning, but my head hurts trying to figure out how to fit it all into the "Fit". (First vacation we've tried to pack four growing bodies AND the stuff we all accumulate and think we NEED to take with us into a little cube of a Honda Fit!)
Here's some random pics of the last few hours of trying to ignore the task ahead...

Phase 10 with Nick. (I won...he didn't.)


Emma- snapping pictures of herself...in true 12 year old fashion!



Alex's recent markings...graduation, ear piercings, "tats"....alot of expressing oneself in one summer! (But, as he says, "It's not rebellion, mom, it's just something I've always wanted to do.") We'll see if he's still singing that song when he's 40!

I'm looking forward to a week with my family and a bit of alone time on the beach somewhere. I'm not a fan, like I used to be, of laying in the sun on the beach (Tammi and I used to slather BABY OIL all over us to ATTRACT as many UV rays as possible at one time. The thought of the oil/sand combo is so much less appealing now. Not to mention I'm beginning to see the results of those years in the mirror.) but there's something about the majesty of the ocean that gets me every time. I'm looking forward to being overwhelmed by its vastness again and stealing away alone to revel in the wonder of God's creative Hand...and listen.
"Cease striving and know that I am God."
Ps 46:10
The timing is perfect. I'm in need of some time with my kids away from Lancaster, and some time with the Lord, away from all distractions. I have some decisions to make...alot of questions to answer. My Bible and my journal are packed, and I'm ready!
"You make known to me the path of life,
You fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
Ps 16:11

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com