"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Shelter...

We've had more snow this year than I can remember ever having in one season. 
I'm not complaining, I do love it...especially when it means a day spent at home-
 in pajamas all day, by the fire. 
I'm not passing that up any time soon.

At this point in the season, I'm burning the reject-wood in the fireplace.
It requires more effort since it's old and burns twice as fast, 
but I'm not complaining...
I'm obsessed with fires 
and being warm.


But all throughout the day I can't help thinking about some people I know who are not as fortunate as we are to have a place to call their own. A place that has healthy food in the kitchen...
running water in the sinks...and a warm fire in the living room. 

They're living in a shelter.
Warm and dry, probably...
but certainly not what anyone would call home.



Most days they wander from morning until night, just biding their time from free church meal to free church meal, until the time comes to return to their place in the shelter at night.

And what happens when there's a snow storm 
and the public library you rely on for warmth during the day
is closed...

It's a terrible existence for anyone to have to live through...
add on the fact that they are pregnant- 
and as a mom, it is almost unbearable for me to see.

We do what we can to help and support, 
but it never seems like enough...

I can only hope that someone has allowed them to take shelter during the storm today...
I'm praying they know Comfort far deeper than their circumstances dictate.


Still trying to figure out exactly how that looks...
because sometimes love just never really seems like enough...

Grateful today for a day off of work
in my house
by my fire
with my daughter
......

And reminding myself that, but for 
{GRACE}
that could be me...






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com