"I hold on to You for dear life, and you hold me steady as a post..." Psalm 63

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Memorial Day...

My heart and my house are full this weekend.  
All of my children are under the same roof...

I think Mothers must have internal clocks that keep time differently...
separations of mere months can feel like years

And short hours of sweet reunions,
while never EVER enough time,
can feel like an eternity's worth of moments collected together...

But I know all too soon, it will feel like we have been separated for years again.

Breathing deep in a house that is full, if only for a few days
full of laughter
and love
and just us
again.

We will celebrate Memorial Day together tomorrow...
and for me, 
it has a deeper meaning this year

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."
John 15:13

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BlogWithIntegrity.com